Add an FTP Account
FTP accounts allow users to access the domain's folder on the server's hard disk. To create an FTP account, perform the following steps:
- Log into your accounts control panel on our servers (read how)
- Enter the desired username in the Login text box.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
- Specify the FTP account's home directory (If you want it to point at the top level of your account simply enter the / character in the directory field).
- Set the disk space quota. The Quota text box determines how much disk space to allocate to the FTP account.
- If the desired quota is not Unlimited, enter the maximum amount of data in MB.
- Click Create FTP Account. The new account will appear in the FTP Accounts table.
- If you experience problems when you attempt to upload files with FTP, you may need to adjust the quota to allow more disk space for your account.
- The system grades the password that you enter on a scale of 100 points. 0 indicates a weak password, while 100 indicates a very secure password.
- Click Password Generator to generate a strong password. For more information, read our Password Generator documentation.
- The Directory text box defines the top level of directory access that the new account will have. For example, if you enter example in the Directory text box, the FTP account will have access to the /home/$user/example directory and all of its subdirectories.
- You cannot use symbolic links (symlinks) to upload data outside of this directory.