Manage FTP Accounts
The FTP Accounts table allows you to manage existing FTP accounts. You can search for a specific account, change an accounts password, edit an accounts quota and remove an account.
Search for an Account
- Enter a keyword in the text box.
- Click Search Accounts. The FTP Accounts table will display only the FTP accounts that contain the keyword.
- To return to the list of all FTP accounts, click Clear Search.
Change an FTP account's password
To change an FTP account's password, perform the following steps:
- Click Change Password for the FTP account for which you wish to change the password.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
- Click Change Password.
- The system grades the password that you enter on a scale of 100 points. 0 indicates a weak password, while 100 indicates a very secure password.
- Some web hosts require a minimum password strength. A green password Strength meter indicates that you met the required password strength.
- Click Password Generator to generate a strong password. For more information, read our Password Generator documentation.
Edit an FTP account's quota
Quotas limit the amount of data that a user can upload to your server. To change an FTP account's quota, perform the following steps:
- Click Change Quota for the FTP account for which you wish to change the quota.
- Select the desired FTP Quota option - If the desired quota is not Unlimited, enter the maximum amount of data in MB.
- Click Change Quota.
- The user will not be able to upload more than the total disk space allotment for your hosting account, regardless of the quota that you set here.
Remove an FTP account
To remove an FTP account, perform the following steps:
- Click Delete for the FTP account that you wish to remove.
- Confirm that you wish to delete the FTP account.
- Click Delete Account to remove the FTP account. This will not remove the files that the FTP account's home directory contains.
- Click Delete Account and Files to remove the FTP account and all of the files that the FTP account's home directory contains.
- Click Cancel to hide the Delete options if you do not wish to delete the account.
Hjälpte svaret dig?
FTP accounts allow users to access the domain's folder on the server's hard disk. To create an...
Your control panel on our servers is where you can add / manage FTP Accounts and also view...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution